You can join anytime!
Membership in the Spirit of St. Louis Women’s Fund is open and inclusive. You do not have to wait for an event to join.
Members pledge $1200 annually.
SUBMITTING A FULL GRANT APPLICATION
SOS accepts Grant Applications BY INVITATION ONLY
Submit a proposal ONLY if you have submitted a Letter of Inquiry and SOS has requested a full proposal
SOS COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
SOS is committed to equity, diversity, collaboration, inclusiveness, transparency, and accountability because all people deserve to live full and abundant lives free of prejudice, discrimination and oppression.
We will prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion in our philanthropy.
STEP ONE: Resources on the SOS website under “Apply for a Grant”
- Read the Full Grant Application User Guide carefully before beginning the application
- View the Grantee Training, with attention to the video, Submitting a Strong Proposal
- Download the SOS Budget Templates and follow instructions in the Full Grant Application
STEP TWO: Access the Full Grant Application
SOS grantmaking is now executed in partnership with the St. Louis Community Foundation
- Full grant applications and required documentation can only be submitted online at https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=stlgives
- Organizations that are previously registered in the St. Louis Community Foundation grants management system may use their existing login credentials
- The Full Grant Application will be accessible on the “Apply” page
STEP THREE: Required Proposal Attachments
Prepare and upload required organizational documents as instructed in the Full Grant Application
(Note that evidence of tax-exempt status has already been determined with the Letter of Inquiry application)
- Financial Documents
- Current Funding Sources
- Board of Directors
- Key Staff
STEP FOUR: Site Visit
All organizations invited to submit a Full Grant Application will receive a site visit from an assigned team of SOS members in February or March. Your organization will be notified in advance. The objective of a site visit is to conduct a general due diligence review and to resolve any questions still outstanding after SOS site team members review the Full Grant Application.
STEP FIVE: Grant Awards
- Organizations will be notified by mid-April if they are being placed on the final membership ballot for grant consideration
- Grants are awarded based on a formal vote of the SOS membership in late April
- Organizations will be notified in early May if they have been selected to receive a grant
- Representatives from each organization accepted for a grant will attend the Annual Meeting and Spirit Awards ceremony on May 18, 2022
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT THE FULL GRANT PROPOSAL IS JANUARY 27, 2022 BY 5 PM