October 2020 Newsletter
Meet Our Newest Board Members
Amber L. Howlett
Committee News Grants
The 2020-2021 Grant Application Process is Underway: SOS Support Needed Now More Than Ever!
- A record smashing 286 completed Letters of inquiry (LOI) were received by the September 25th deadline
- 60 SOS members are working in ten small teams to carefully review each LOI.
- An estimated 40 agencies will be invited to submit full grant applications for single year funding requests in January
- All full grant applicants will be visited by SOS site visit teams in February and March
- Balloting by the membership will take place from April 14 to 30
- The Annual Meeting and Spirit Awards is May 18th
SOS members will be asked later this fall to sign up to participate in site visit teams. Please join us!
This is an excellent way to learn about the important work of our small community nonprofits and get to know your SOS sisters. All meetings are anticipated to be virtual this year.
Tuesday, November 10th 5:30 – 6:30
Welcome New Members
Save the Date/Upcoming Events
Wed October 28th Book Club 5:30-6:30
Zoom information will be provided with registration e-mail confirmation