Thank you for your interest in SOS. Become a member today!
SOS is part of a powerful movement in
philanthropy today: collective giving. Leverage your charitable dollars
and join us in making grants to St. Louis area non profits working with critical needs in the community. SOS is proof that when women unite, incredible things
happen. Our organization shows what is possible in local communities
when impassioned women share their knowledge, skills and funds for their
community. Deeply engaged in learning about the critical needs in St. Louis, we’re just as enthusiastic about addressing them
and enriching the lives of the people that live here.
Celebrate Ten Years of Giving in 2016!
If you wish to get more involved, we encourage you to join one of the several committees that help keep SOS focused and thriving:
Membership:Organizes social events designed to attract new members. Time commitment is 5-6 committee meetings with most work via email, phone and volunteering at events.
Chair - Sue Rector, email@example.com; Marianne Baer, Co-Vice Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org; Pam Lee, email@example.com
- Education:Plans informative programs about community needs and philanthropic opportunities. Time commitment is 3-4 committee meetings with most work via email, phone and volunteering at education events.
Chair - Leslie Corey, firstname.lastname@example.org; Sheri Mistretta, Vice Chair, email@example.com
- Impact:Evaluates how well our grantees use our money. Time commitment is 2-3 committee meetings with evaluations completed via email and phone work.
Chair - Joni Karandjeff, Jonik13@sbcglobal.net; Patricia Allen, Vice Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grants:Processes grant proposals (LOI's) and organizes members’ visits to applicants; determines ballot. Time commitment includes: for LOI’s - 1-2 committee meetings with most work completed via email and phone. For Site Visit Teams – 1-2 committee meetings, 5-6 site visits.
Chair - Amy Inman, email@example.com, Berta James, Vice Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications & Marketing:
Oversees media and public relations and SOS publications and builds awareness of SOS through social media and marketing opportunities with a time commitment of monthly meetings and various communications duties as needed.
Chair - Christine Schmiz, email@example.com; Elizabeth Schmidt, Vice Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance:Tracks SOS’s budget and reviews grant applicants’ financial statements with time commitment includes a Grant Review - 1-2 committee meetings with most work via email, phone. Treasurer attends board meetings.
Chair - Terri Beaty, email@example.com; Cathy Carney, Vice Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technology:Keeps this website fresh, lively and inviting; provides website liaisons to committees and time commitment is 2-3 committee meetings with training as needed
Chair - Amy Garrison, email@example.com